David Greenslade began his career at Macalister Mazengarb in 1990, as a law clerk and then a solicitor in the firm’s Commercial Department, where he practised until 1994. During that time he worked on a number of major transactions for commercial and government clients of the firm. He left to travel overseas and worked in firms in London (principally on a major rail privatisation and in M&A generally), in the Middle East (on commercial and government matters generally) and has worked on infrastructure projects in India, the UK and Holland. He has a particular interest in negotiating and drafting the documentation required for ongoing commercial and financing arrangements, and has experience in doing this in a range of industry sectors.
David’s practice includes:
- Advising on IT arrangements (including agreements for the provision of services and development contracts);
- Advising on the structuring of, and the documentation required for, competitive procurements;
- Advising in relation to several proposed green field electricity generation projects (including all land acquisition issues);
- Advising in relation to commercial retail developments;
- Advising on all aspects of several receiverships and liquidations, and the resulting asset sales;
- Regulation and compliance;
- Assisting several major New Zealand unions with their members’ commercial, and financial / investment arrangements;
- Acting for several transport businesses on an ongoing basis;
- Advising on, and preparation of all documentation required for, a variety of sales, purchases and restructurings;
- Structuring and documenting several shareholders’ agreements and share option schemes; and
- Providing advice on raising capital (including advising on several institutions on compliance with the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013).
For more information about our Commercial, Corporate and Finance practice area generally, click here.
David Greenslade – Partner
Qualifications: BA LLB (University of Otago)
Date of Admission: 1990