Macalister Mazengarb collects information, including where relevant personal information, about you and/or any client on behalf of which or whom you are instructing us or which we are advising.
We may use personal information which we collect and hold for the purposes of representing and advising you and/or, if you are instructing us on behalf of a client, that client. We may also use personal information:
- for instructing other co-advisers (if we have obtained your prior written authorisation) in relation to your legal matters;
- for sending you publications;
- for evaluating any application you submit for employment with us; and
- for internal administrative and clerical purposes.
If you do not provide us with the necessary personal information that we ask for, or provide incorrect or incomplete information, we may be unable to advise or represent you properly.
We may need to disclose personal information about you and/or the client you are instructing us on behalf of, to third parties in the course of advising or representing you or the client. We may also disclose personal information about you or the client you are instructing us on behalf of if:
- you so authorise or direct;
- we are required by law to do so; or
- it is required or authorised by the New Zealand Law Secretary of Professional Conduct.
All personal information collected on this website, and otherwise by our firm, is collected and stored by Macalister Mazengarb, Level 4, 36 Brandon Street, Wellington. We will take all reasonable steps to protect personal information we hold at any time from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
You have rights of access to and correction of personal information held by us from time to time under the Privacy Act 1993.